Friday, September 13, 2013

Week 1 Reflections #SEACCR

Sept. 8 Week 1 #SEACCR

Lessons Learned:

My technology curve was challenged greatly this week, although not overcome.  I Tweet, Tweetdeck, Twubb, Blog (to Twitter), WebX and Live Text.  Pretty exciting to enter the new world.  Interacting with a host of teachers and educators, my new PLN (rather than PLC) is proving to be eye opening.  I am excited to learn from and to share my knowledge with my PLN.


What I helped others learn:
I was able to share my favorite teacher tech tool:  http://planbookedu.com/ where a teacher can digitally upload all lesson plans, URL's, photos, Discoveryed connections and even digitally deliver it to an administrator.  I also shared (and will share again here) a concrete list of how to go about action research according to the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.

http://www.nctm.org/uploadedFiles/Lessons_and_Resources/Grants_and_Awards/How%20is%20Action%20Research%20Defined(1).pdf

What I learned from others:

  • To chill out and enjoy the process
  • From Hass/Learning that Action Research is out of the box thinking, not absolute and concrete
  • The goal of Action Research is to improve my teaching
  • How valuable a PLN can be in improving my teaching
  • To document successes and failures daily and ask PLN to help investigate patterns
  • Action Research isn't static


Next goal:  
Learn to Teach like a Pirate (or at least read the book)


3 comments:

  1. I LOVED your tip on Planbook. I went straight to it and started it up. I think I will love it when I get it all figured out. I'm dying to read the pirate teacher book too. Just wondering if they recommend having naughty children walk the plank?

    The technology is making me a little crazy. I think I'm quacking instead of tweeting and my website may be more of a slog than a blog. Oh well..sometimes ya just have to jump through the electronic hoops.

    Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lenore,
    Great job on your reflection for week #1. I love your creative spirit. You are talented! Thank you for the tip on Planbook. I am anxious to check out this teaching tool, neat! I also liked your comments about chilling out and enjoying the process, that's a tough one, sometimes. It's hard to not get worked up into a frenzy with there's too much to do and too little time. The pirate books sounds like a great read, interesting.
    Thank you for your insight,
    Carrollea

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tip "To chill out and enjoy the process"

    Learning should be fun! Learning about what tools are out there, what you like and don't like, to help you approach new things is just as fun for me. Take what works and just know enough about the rest to be conversant :)

    ReplyDelete